Doesn't have a point of view
1.27.2004
 
good day
Hi,
I've been trying to resist writing in this journal in favor of doing homework. Today has been wonderful. The only down side is that I think it marks the point when I am no longer caught up with my reading for school. I've been trying so hard not to get behind this semester, but it can only last so long.
For some reason I never write about the important or interesting things that happen to me. Last weekend I went to Seattle with the Vietnamese Culture Club. I have always always wanted to go to Seattle, and this was my first time. It was so nice to get away from school and to spend time with my friends from the club.
I am here to write about today, not this weekend. Despite getting no sleep, everything is turning out nice. I couple of unexpected people said hi to me on the way to class. With the help of Elizabeth and Chau, I actually solved my physics homework. I saw Tony who I (sniff) never see anymore. He helped me try to think of a way to write about the blue moon on the top of the tall science building blackboard. After that, I went to the RCC and mailed a letter to Kenneth (yeah!) and guess what I got in the mail? Yep, 2 CDs from my mix club. One of the two was from Lillian which was even better. Also, much to my surprise, I received a brand new and my very first issue of Spin magazine. Thanks Lil! It includes articles about Scarlett Johansson and Steve Burns. What could be better.
I can't wait until the Grammy's on February 8th. Look for Lyndsay's Grammy predictions very soon.
Also, I have big plans for my website, but little time to carry them out. I already made a new about me page. It just needs to be posted.
Hmmm.... maybe I will finish my commentary on Los Angeles later. In short what I really wanted to say about leaving home is how I dislike the convenience of airplanes. Although they carry you quickly, they carry you quickly. It's it an odd feeling to be standing 1000s of miles from where you started in just a few short hours. Whenever I leave California, I just want to cling to the ground that is part of my home. I can't stand walking onto the freezing Walla Walla earth without feeling like I've traveled. Now, driving I can handle. When you drive away from a place, you can gradually get used to the idea of leaving.
Anu keeps asking me all of these philosophical questions for her philosophy classes. What is happiness? It is the ultimate goal which humans strive to reach. If I could sit, riding in a car, and looking out the window for the rest of my life without stopping, I think I would be happy.
Time to really get back to bio.
Here's a pic of us in Seattle.


Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com