Doesn't have a point of view
7.28.2004
tofu?
Why did I name the last post tofu? Because I meant to talk about the tofu festival. Last Saturday I went with Lillian. We both got sunburned badly. My sunburn is in the shape of an upside-down sunset drawn by a child with a diagonal stripe through it. We ate some yummy dishes. I wish that we could have tried more of them. I was happy with our choice of a tofu salad which included tofu, tofu linguine, japanese basil, lettuce, little bits of crunchy seaweed, and delicious miso dressing. It was handed to us by a happy Japanese lady yelling, get your tofu salad, it will make you go "woo-pa". She was awesome.
Other awesome things at the festival included the person in the tofu ninja costume who waved at me and Lillian. Too bad that we failed to bring a long a camera. We also saw several appealing t-shirts. The best of them were this new company called spicy brown. They asked us if there are any stores in Alhambra that they could sell their shirts. Lillian and I could not think of any places trendy enough. They suggested that we start one.
I think that I have decided that if I opened my own business it would either be a diner or a bookstore.
Yesterday was one of my most exciting days of the whole summer. At the festival, we noticed these passes to the world premiere of Harold and Kumar go to White Castle. We decided to try to bribe Xi to take us. This time it actually worked. Beforehand, I went to Color Me Mine with Kenneth to paint ceramics. I couldn't believe how crowded it was. That many people paint ceramics on a regular basis? I picked out a little star shaped box and Kenneth got a little fish. After that, Thanh picked us up to go to Gruaman's Chinese Theatre. It was fun just to be in Hollywood and to see the inside of the historic theatre. Some of the stars from the movie were there, but the person that I was most excited about seeing was Samuel L. Jackson. I just finished watching Pulp Fiction for the first time and I wanted to say some quote from it as we walked past him. All I could think of was bad ass mother fucker, but I didn't want it to be taken the wrong way.
Today, I have to work again. I am scouring the house for the chocolate syrup. Are there really that many places where my mom could hide it?