Doesn't have a point of view
3.09.2005
karina to italy
Karina just e-mailed me and told me the good news. She was accepted to the summer program in Italy. Yea! I am very happy for her. I nearly did a dance in the library.
I know that I haven't posted in a long time and I have a ton to say. Karina's news is worth the time. It's probably for the best that I haven't posted because I have mostly just wanted to complain about my life right now and how I think/wish that something is actually wrong with me. It's weird how I've always wondered if I would be able to think in another language if I knew another language fluently. Although I do not, I often think in potential blog entries.
On the bright side of life, my plans are being shortly finalized for my spring break road trip with Eric, Elizabeth, and Chau. This should be a fun adventure if I can keep myself from worrying about lab reports during the entire time that I am away.
Lately the weather here has been nice and for some reason it has made me recall memories of past vacations and days in the sun. I have been feeling like going to Arizona or San Marcos or on a lovely environmental club outing like a beach clean-up or whale watching trip. When the wind blows here, I can't help but be reminded of Ports O'Call or Santa Monica in spring. I find it funny that I can crave road trips.
It has hit me that I am really not going home that I am likely not going to get caught up on sleep over break. Also I'm going to miss out on seeing my parents and everyone else, but I guess I can't complain. The Karina news made me realize that I might not actually see them for a long time depending also upon my status for summer. This makes me sad in my happiness for her.
Brief but exciting material updates: Eric's awkard feast was not overly awkard and actually enjoyable. Thanks Eric for a fun party and to Chau for making mochi with me.
My parents have been wildflower watching. Ooo. Mom, figure out how to send me those photos.
My parents are cool and went to the nucleus gallery showing of the new line of poketo wallets. They are also cool because they bought me one, a nice solution to my eternal indecisiveness.
I lost my idaho falls button! I think that it fell from my pocket at the Johnston wilderness center.
My next break if I am up that late will be to send an e-mail to Lillian and Felix to initiate a new mix CD venture. I must also tell them about www.audioscobbler.com, the new time-wasting website in my life.
I found new music last night, Andrew Bird's Bowl of Fire. Oh, and I learned in the last week that Sean Lennon has recorded music, his own album called Into the Sun, and a couple albums with Cibo Matto. My goal is to aquire some of either or both.
I should be reporting local news on KWCW soon thanks to a former Seattle DJ and Walla Walla resident who I need to contact.
Should I apply for blue moon editor? Do I have time to fill out the application by 4:00 on Friday?
Wow. That was enough. I meant for this to be short. I am in the library, which is the place to be at Whitman. I knew that with people around, I would be less likely to fall asleep, but it is noisy. I can't concentrate with the noise or music to block it out. I will be migrating to a sleepy time computer cubby soon.
Good night blogger. Oh, and my new brilliant system to signal that I have posted is to leave an empty entry on livejournal. Let's see how it works out.