Doesn't have a point of view
9.13.2005
 
blogger break
Man,
I have so much to say.

I have been trying to focus on school work lately, but somehow I am eternally behind which makes me sad.
I decided last week that I would post the little things in life that make me happy from day to day. I have not done this, but I will try from now on. Lots of people made me happy last week. In general, my life is very happy. When I think about this, it makes me happy. I do not like thinking that I am one of the kids who makes Whitman one of the most happy colleges in the country, but I likely am.

I just returned from Shakespeare class. The girl sitting next to me borrowed my pencil. She did not return my pencil. She put it in her mouth. Last class, she rubbed her library book along her mouth. Eeee. If each pencil in my case did not have such distinct character in my mind, I would no longer desire it back.

Sunday night Lillian told me about the greatest thing. Check this out. UCLA spent $90,000 on a newly designed logo for their school. Being the wannabe graphic artist/designer that I am, I could not help but further explore this news. Again, check it out at . See those slightly slanted blue letters in the corner that say UCLA. Yes, this is the new logo. The site goes on to rightly acknowledge that the font is based upon the Bauhaus movement's style and then says that it can never be recreated as each letter is "individually altered to make a harmonious whole." Harmonious whole? I usually agree that simple, clean-cut fonts and style are the way to go, but for a so-called logo, I would desire a little more creativity than this shows. According to the wonderful Wikipedia, a logo should be distinctive in its color, typeface, and shape. This looks like I typed UCLA into my computer, capitalized and italicized.

The mouse (or mice) still resides in the house. We are now actively trying to kill it with poison. I'm not excited about finding a smelly mouse corpse somewhere soon.

Right now, along with being sad about being behind, I am bothered by all the stuff strewn around my room. Laundry, plastic bags, books, shoes, papers. Extreme disorganization, plus a lack of sitting space makes me want to avoid my room.
Also, I feel like I am in a constant battle with myself. My usual schedule now is (starting around 5 at night) run, eat, book arts lab, try to read, fall asleep while trying, go home, eat something, fall sleep in the kitchen or living room, wake up at 6 with sticky teeth, try desperately again to read again, shower, class. Although I am happy, my body and my bed are not quite so.

Today I received 3 ice cream bananas from my mom. Yum. I need to go to the store to buy lima beans and mustard.

Sometime, I should post something about my summer, the 300 site girls, and my trip to D.C in case anyone cares to know about these things. I don't feel that I have done them justice.
Today I was assigned this awesome book arts project. It is soo awesome. Ruth gave us too many examples and ideas and that is all I can currently think about. I don't know if I can compose a book idea and prep for it before Thursday. I am assigned to make a book without words. That's basically the only rule. Too much free space to fill in!

Yea for a return to blogger! I will try to post more often once my physical and mental spaces are back in order.


Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com