Doesn't have a point of view
10.24.2006
 
job hunt
So I went to Davis and Walnut Creek. I saw Sharon and Nick and Eric and Anu, Huyen, and Tuan. The entire trip was great, but too long for me to tell you about here. Unfortunately, I had to return to the real world and begin a serious job search. As of now, I have submitted applications for the following jobs:

Alhambra library- I'm pretty sure they turned me down because city hall said I would receive something this week.
Ideal chemistry job working in Pasadena testing adhesives- they claim they don't want someone with as much knowledge as I have. why? I'm sure they could still pay me slightly more than the following.
Paper Source- I just got a call from them which made me dance around the house. They asked for samples of my work from book arts. Yea! Paper! But, I sadly applied for a real full time job there and I haven't decided what to tell them.
Best Buy- If I work there, I could get a discount on a camera.
Bristol Farms- Fancy groceries!
Huntington Library- This would be an awesome place to work, but they would only give me 14 hours a week. Still, it would be great. (I've checked pretty much all other nearby musuems already for job openings.)
Macy's- I applied for 4 positions there which include gift wrapper and visual designer. I could shift around holiday decorations. I could wrap all day.
Target in Alhambra- I already interviewed. I'm not sure how I feel about it anymore.
Joann's- I went and the woman seemed very grouchy and made two big customer service mistakes in front of me. Bleck.
Yet to apply:
Vroman's- The biggest independant bookstore near me. I can't think of anything bad about working there.
Trader Joe's- They would supposedly give me a free Hawaiian shirt.
Michael's- I plan to go to their job fair this Saturday. Craft discounts!
Cal Tech?- I planned to apply to be a biology lab assistant caring for fruit flies or zebra fish, but I wouldn't want to abandon any animals.

I was thinking about applying at Rite Aid and CVS as a pharmacy technician, but I decided more or less to settle for seasonal work with sucky hours.
If I, by chance, got job offers from them all, which should I choose? I am listing them all here for your opinions and advice. I'm serious. And if you can think of any other awesome retail places within 5 miles of Alhambra, please let me know.

Now that you took the time to look over my list, I will humor you with some photos from my trip. Eric gave me a refresher on crocheting and now I can't stop. I think the Institue for Figuring also deserves some credit. Math + Art = Ultra nerdy.

Oh! On the subject of nerdy, this week is National Chemistry Week! Go use your chemical ninja skills and cause some trouble. Yea!


Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com