Doesn't have a point of view
4.17.2007
eggs
After listening to the latest episode of my newly discovered favorite podcast, Good Food, I have decided to make eggs my official favorite food. I have always been annoyed by the favorite food question because there are so many foods that fall under so many categories. I probably have a favorite vegetable, a favorite fruit, a favorite nut, a favorite starch, and a favorite legume. But for now, I will say egg. I believe that eggs are wonderful on their own and I believe that eggs make pretty much any dish better. Some of my best meals have been topped with a egg whose runny yolk poured over the dish's other components. I should also not forget that eggs are necessary for pretty much any baking from bread to pancakes to cookies. My other favorite thing about eggs, of course, is that they are so cheap. On the radio program, Will Clower, said that eggs are the most nutrient dense of food and that the lecithin in them improves memory. He also said that there is no reason why everyone should not be eating at least one egg a day, yea!
I will leave you with this great post that I found on how to perfectly poach an egg.